Hi everyone, today Paul Fletcher from the Federal parliament for Bradfield came to visit Roseville college! His delightful visit broadened my interest and view about the government.
- 150,000 people in Bradfield gets to vote
- The liberal party holds 76 seats which is just one extra vote
- the speaker doesn’t vote
- The MPs have four minutes to get to the chamber to vote after that their vote doesn’t count
- If only one or two MPs don’t show up, they could loose their debate
- there are 12 senates from every territory or state
- There are equal representation for each state to prevent inequality on economics
- A shadow minister keep an eye on the ministers and they criticises them
- Paul fletcher believes that refugees should be allowed in our country
- sometimes politicians don’t agree with their party but they still have to fight for it
I also learnt so much more other things from Paul fletcher! It was an amazing experience, I can not wait for our camp trip to anberra to learn more about the government and the parliament!